Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Leilani Marie's Teeny Hats

 These hats were made for a very special little girl. My friend Virginia went into labor at 24 weeks and gave birth to the most beautiful child I've ever seen. She weighed only 1lb 4oz but was such a fighter. Her friend Jessica started a group to make hats for this tiny angel. Unfortunately, though she fought SO hard to stay, Leila passed away at only 12 days old. She touched hundreds, if not thousands of people and made people around the world stop and unite for one purpose: to pray for someone other than themselves.. And I believe that was Leila's mission.. To help people to see past their own problems, and to pray for healing for someone they may not have even known.
 This is my most favorite hat that I've made for anybody and I'll never make another fairy hat like this one again. But I will be making more tiny hats and donating them to the NICU in Fresno in Leila's name, so that people here that might not have the means to do this have hats to make their child's stay a little more bearable with a little whimsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment